Being 20-something in Nigeria is a constant struggle.
We think women need to stop worrying about these things:
1. No dear, a man who really cares about you will not use pounded yam as criteria to marry you.
Men that are pounding yam don’t have two heads.
2. How beautiful everyone looks on Instagram.
Yep! Everybody looks like shit in the morning too.
3. Approaching a guy you have long term interest in does not mean you are desperate.
As long as he’s not a jerk.
4. Your ring will come when it will come. Stop panicking about it.
You get it don’t you?
5. Your wedding is not on Bella Naija but you can and will still have a great marriage.
You need that last laugh.
6. You made the right choice starting a family early, maybe even delaying your career.
Raising a family is a full time job.
7. You made the right choice trying to build a career for yourself first before starting a family.
8. You don’t become an ugly monster by 30. You just become 30.
Just a little older, just a little wiser.
9. You do not have to lower your standards because of marriage, unless you want them lowered for the rest of your life.
10. You are beautiful. And you should watch this: